Creating a my Social Security account is simple. Once an account has been created, you can receive information on personalized estimates of future benefits, based on your earnings, your latest statement, review your earnings history. You can also request a replacement of Social Security Card, or check the status of an application.
You can make changes to you account, such as update your address, and setup or change your direct deposit information.
Changing Your Address
- Log in to your “my Social Security” account.
- Select “My Profile” on the right side of the screen.
- Select “Update Contact Information” and enter your address.
- Select when you would like the information to update, then select “Next”.
- Look over your information and make sure it’s correct and then select “Submit”.
Changing Direct Deposit Information
- Log in to your “my Social Security” account, and click on “Benefits and Payment Details” on the right of the screen.
- Scroll down and click the “Update Direct Deposit” button and choose if you are the owner or the co-owner of the bank account.
- Enter your bank account information, and click “Next”.
- Review and verify and click “Submit” when done.
- You also have the option to set the date when the change will take effect by using the “My Profile” tab within your “My Social Security” account page.
Contacting Social Security Administration
If for any reason you need to contact the Social Security Administration, they can be contacted by mail, phone, in person or email.
Visit your local Social Security office. (Call first to make an appointment.)
Office of Public Inquiries and Communications Support:
1100 West High Rise
6401 Security Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21235